Hey There!

So you’ve signed up for a SocialMortal growth plan and your growth is soon to be started. In the meantime, here we have 5 things you should do to make sure your onboarding goes as smooth as possible and you get the most out of our growth service.


1. Disable Two-Factor Authentication

Starting off with the most important step, is disabling Two Factor Authentication (if enabled) so we can successfully connect to your account. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an Instagram security feature where if a login is attempted from another device, a security code or “backup code” is required.

This proves problematic with our service setup as your manager connects/ disconnects from your account regularly, which results in constant verifications on a daily basis. This results in a great loss of time and productivity for both you and us, as well as a demand for you to be available 24/7. Therefore it’s not worth you going through this hassle daily (and quite impossible to do). So please, disable it :).

2. Make Your Instagram Public

This usually doesn’t apply to 90% of our clients, but if you’re part of the other 10%, please change your Instagram account from private to public. This ensures our growth analytics can fully operate with your account and provide better statistics for you.

3. Click “This Was Me”

Once your assigned account manager attempts to connect to your Instagram, you may be greeted with a “Suspicious Login Attempt” in-app notification. This is a common Instagram security feature to prevent potential hacks/ spam.

Simply click “This Was Me” so your manager can successfully connect to your account.

4. Actually Use Instagram

Ooh what’s that? To be successful on social media, your actually have to be social??

Haha, but in all seriousness, to get the most out of our service we recommend you to be active on your account. Now that doesn’t mean you have to go into addicted-social-butterfly-glued-to-phone-mode if you don’t want to. Just be sure to post at least once or twice a week, post a story here and there, and maybe create a profile highlight. Our service brings traffic and exposure to your page, but none of that matters if users arrive and decide not to follow and engage because your last post was over 3 weeks ago and your account looks like a ghost town. So try to be active!

5. That’s it!

No really, that’s it. We take care of all rest when it comes to growth :). Honestly this last step is only here because “5 things” sounds better than “4”. Since you’re here maybe check out our Instagram if you haven’t already 🤷? We love posting beautiful photography.

Cheers to your growth and success! ❤️